• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Here we go--haters step inside

#216305 1 year, 10 months ago
bring on the hate. File under call em like I hear em..... Just got done listening to the OO 02 Spectrum show. Caught parts of the DSO show the other night. The actual performance of of both > Furthur (not even close in the case of the 02 OO). I even have to add grudgingly the recent Phil shows although not by as much. Ok I'll still travel to see a Bobby & Phil band over any other band any day of the week. Before commenting go listen to the 02 other ones show. This band had the core 4 plus herring Barraco & Jeff. Not to mention Susan Tedeschi. While I would never travel outside of my locality for a DSO show... I gotta say they really tore it up the other night and all reports are this is a regular occurance ( even if I think Eaton is a douche... ). Mattson> JK ( although I still think JK is on a leash.... he sounded much better to these ears in DSO). Flame away.........
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Here we go--haters step inside

#216311 1 year, 10 months ago
one man gathers what another man spills.

I loved the 02 Other Ones, but I also love Furthur.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#216315 1 year, 10 months ago
No hating here. Only saw one OO show, at MSG. Wished I'd seen more. I can only judge a band live by how much fun I have
seeing them, and what they can do. The Other Ones was a fine band, imho, and they brought it big time. Having Robert Hunter play during the break was a real treat.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#216316 1 year, 10 months ago
2002 was indeed a good year. They didn't have the abominable saxophone uglying the sonic spectrum. Jimmy Herring was spectacular. There's some nice video of this tour.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#216317 1 year, 10 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
one man gathers what another man spills.

True that patch.

I loved the 02 Other Ones, but I also love Furthur.

I concur its all good. I just hadn't given a listen to 02 for at least 2 or 3 yrs and the contrast was pretty stark. I forgot just how good these shows were... I caught 3 the two Phillys and Pittsburgh ( the night after thanksgiving like tonight althought the dates are diffferent) the other cool thing about these shows was Robert Hunter played a short set between during the OO setbreak. The Philly shows were balls to the wall rocking while pittsburgh was sheer psychedelic madness.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#216320 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
No hating here. Only saw one OO show, at MSG. Wished I'd seen more. I can only judge a band live by how much fun I have
seeing them, and what they can do. The Other Ones was a fine band, imho, and they brought it big time. Having Robert Hunter play during the break was a real treat.

We musta been typing at the same time.. Hunter at half time... a real treat indeed. I'm gonna spend the next week going back and revisiting this tour. 10 years and it seems like a lifetime ago. 02 was a fine time to be a head... Ratdog, PLF, and OO all in prime form. Caught the dog in Delware... went home the next day crashed for a lil while then to the airport for the Alpine reunion shows. Gone are the LATER daze...
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#216321 1 year, 10 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
2002 was indeed a good year. They didn't have the abominable saxophone uglying the sonic spectrum. Jimmy Herring was spectacular. There's some nice video of this tour.

Video? Damn I gotta find some a this. I'd add that Phil/Bobby/Herring was a perfect sonic melting pot. Off to youtube.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#216323 1 year, 10 months ago
Reunion show night one set 2-- Bobby sportin his brand new beard..... this was a great gathering of east meets west... 95% of the hard core from both coasts were in attendance... pranksters , MG, a dead "exhibit" .. bands all day...... PLF at like 1 in the afternoon...

splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#216324 1 year, 10 months ago
What an amazing post Jerry show this was! I saw Jerry several times in the lot and inside that night

.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by splatter_face.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#216330 1 year, 10 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:

Video? Damn I gotta find some a this. I'd add that Phil/Bobby/Herring was a perfect sonic melting pot. Off to youtube.

For me Jimmy Herring is the best guitarist to play with anyone who was in the Grateful Dead, post Jerry. The guy is so fluid and understands Jerry's language, therfore doesn't need to try and play the passages note for note.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx
Time to create page: 5.56 seconds