• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Warren appearance tonight?

#3546 3 years, 7 months ago
I wasn't trying to engender any negativity here. Warren is one of the most talented musicians on the planet right now. I would
encourage any collaberation.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#3554 3 years, 7 months ago
I've seen Warren at least 50 times in all his various incarnations. I can honestly say I've never seen a bad performance from him. Matter of fact, I just saw him with the ABB at the Beacon on 3/15. Check out the Elizabeth Reed from that night, it's absolutely cosmic!

(Now I know that was the night of Phil's b-day. Unfortunately, ABB tix went on sale before the Furthur tour was even announced. Never would have dreamed they'd hold the party on the East Coast.)

But that b-day show brings up another point: Furthur doesn't really need any guests. After hearing the Abbey Road medley, as well as seeing the last two nights in Philly, I think they can pretty much go in any direction they choose. It's such a well balanced, well oiled machine, all on its own. Guests, as interesting as they might be, could easily drag down the flow.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#3558 3 years, 7 months ago
Thank you Equinox, that was very well said. I agree. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
derek92
Junior Boarder

#3560 3 years, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I've seen Warren at least 50 times in all his various incarnations. I can honestly say I've never seen a bad performance from him. Matter of fact, I just saw him with the ABB at the Beacon on 3/15. Check out the Elizabeth Reed from that night, it's absolutely cosmic!

(Now I know that was the night of Phil's b-day. Unfortunately, ABB tix went on sale before the Furthur tour was even announced. Never would have dreamed they'd hold the party on the East Coast.)

But that b-day show brings up another point: Furthur doesn't really need any guests. After hearing the Abbey Road medley, as well as seeing the last two nights in Philly, I think they can pretty much go in any direction they choose. It's such a well balanced, well oiled machine, all on its own. Guests, as interesting as they might be, could easily drag down the flow.

I agree with this not hating on warren or any possible sit in's but would rather just see Furthur.....going Furthur!
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#3568 3 years, 7 months ago
That was all I was saying.Let them be them!!.....
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Soul Singin
Fresh Boarder

#3578 3 years, 7 months ago
cletus1 wrote:
people we need to get rid of the neg. vibes in this community. i would have loved to see the show when he sat in.

I was at the NYC show when Warren came on for Set Two. Unfortunately, the negative vibes were at the show too.

Almost everyone enjoyed Warren's performance (I sure did!), but there was a small handful of people who did not. They jeered him.

At first, they simply shouted things like: "I came to see the Dead, not the Allman Brothers," which was annoying, but somehow I tolerated it.

But things got real ugly when (during the encore) they all sang "Attics" a capella. Warren had a lyrics sheet in his hand and the unhappy people would not forgive him for it.

I guess it missed their attention that one wrong lyric would screw up the entire performance and I guess it missed their attention that Warren doesn't play Dead tunes on a daily basis (anymore).

But the lyrics sheet was the unforgivable sin. At the pauses, they would mockingly shout: "Nobody better than Warren!" or "Mr. Warren Haynes, ladies and gentlemen!"

They were clearly trying to rattle him and make him miss his line. It really ruined the show for me.

I imagine that they're angry because they want to hear the Grateful Dead, circa 1975. If so, I've got three letters for them: "DSO."

As for me, I want to hear a band that's evolving, experimenting, developing new material and trying new things. I want to hear a band that's going Furthur.

And if Warren Haynes helps to take them Furthur, then I want to see Warren Haynes play with Furthur.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#3601 3 years, 7 months ago
Reports are Warren is at Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem eating Ribs.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#3603 3 years, 7 months ago
I've seen warren numerous times the last being jamaica and I commented to him that ABB is done with their beacon theater stint and suggested that he stop by RCMH on Sunday ( I'll be there). So I was actually a little bummed to see him sit in at BBT but still keeping my hopes up.
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds